IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
We are looking for a personable, responsible and technically skilled individual to join our network support team as an IT Support Engineer, due to our continued growth and organic expansion.
You will be responsible for remote and onsite support at our customer premises, as well as installations of new networks, systems, servers and VOIP phone systems.
The ideal candidate would be a graduate who has some experience or qualifications in IT and who is now looking to progress further.
LOCATION: Syner-Med House, 120 High Street, Purley, Croydon, Greater London, CR8 2AD.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide telephone, remote and on-site technical support.
- Attend client sites to perform various aspects of computer services.
- Always seen to be helpful when dealing with clients, and display professionalism and patience when offering advice and support
- Installing and maintaining customer hardware such as servers, printers, desktops, laptops and other network equipment.
- Overseeing security of all customer systems.
- Diagnosing and resolving network faults.
- Provide limited training for customers on new equipment.
- Comply with Company Procedures.
- Comply with company Health & safety regulations and policies.
ICT Systems Engineer PROFILE:
- Experience of Windows Operating Systems, Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience of Apple Operating Systems.
- Experience of Wi-Fi networking.
- Experience of VOIP phone systems.
- Hardware installation, configuration and support.
- Proven IT Support / Systems Administration skills.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical approach.
- Must be able to take initiative and solve problems on your own (when appropriate).
- Good all-round IT literacy.
- Time management and the ability to complete work in a timely manner.
- You must have at least 5 GSCE’s (C and above) – Maths and English is a must
- Approachable and friendly.
- Tidy and Presentable.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for self and others.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise customer requirements.
- Good communicator.
- Methodical approach required with a clear audit trail.
- Team player.
A valid UK driving licence and be willing to use your own vehicle.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Based on 37.5 hour week – Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
£25,000 – £35,000 – basic salary depending on experience, plus:
- Training and Microsoft exams with incentives
Job Type: Full-time